View Single Post

Old 07-04-2009, 01:41 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,157 Times in 7,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by handejector View Post
"I think they represent stolen guns."

You should not have made this statement.
As I stated above, there is evidence that the AF transferred some to PD's.
How many 1911's and 1917's have we seen butchered by grinding off the "US Property" stamps because some idiot thought it meant it was stolen?

The gun pictured here came through a pawn shop, meaning the number was run through the computer by the police department. Had it been listed as stolen, it would not be seen here.
So, you cast doubt on every AF Mod 15 out there, whether released legally or not. Researching the paper trail on military weapons is nigh on impossible. It probably exists, but having the time and resources and access to find it is seldom possible.
Therefore, it would be better to assume one is legal till it is proven otherwise. Your statement does us no service.
Okay. Read my amended post, which I made before I just saw your last one. My intial choice of words was too absolute. And the basic issue has existed not just for these guns but for all sorts of government property that was never officially released in large quantities.

I have no idea where the particular gun you mentioned came from; you are surely well satisfied that it is legit, and you seem to know its background. I certainly don't think one would be displayed here unless the owner felt secure that he held it properly.

My caveat was couched in broad terms, and not in reference to any particular example. I hope that my prior post made that clear, but here it is again, in case anyone misunderstood. I was certainly NOT trying to do either the board or any particular individual a disservice.

If anyone thought otherwise, my apologies. By the time that I realized that the initial post could be misinterpreted, you had already seen it and posted.

Sorry: I should have phrased that note of caution better in the first place. Or, maybe just avoided the issue, which has the potential to be controversial.

T-Star

Last edited by Texas Star; 07-04-2009 at 03:24 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: