View Single Post

Old 07-08-2009, 08:33 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,157 Times in 7,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogentry View Post
Texas Star,

Yes I am currently in the Air Force. One gets their badge issued at the completion of tech school however, if it is lost or damaged etc one can draw a new one from supply. The number is pretty much for accountability and not used in reports or given out etc. Also the metal badge is only worn in blues. The ABU/BDU badge is an embroidered patch that is sewn on so detail is not that sharp. We don't wear blues that often. Working flight and with deployments I only wear my blues and my badge maybe 10 times a year.

I would rather be issued the Model 15 over the M9.

Thanks.

I can understand why many would prefer the M-15 .38. I own a Beretta, and I like it, but the better finish and mechanical qualities of the revolver have much appeal.

But if I was in a situation like the AP flights were in during the Tet Offensive in Jan., 1968 (Ton Son Nhut Airport) , the greater firepower of the auto would make sense. And the issue 9mm load is hotter than the issued .38 ammo. I never had a lot of faith in it.

Of course, in the Ton Son Nhut battle, the M-16 and machineguns took precedence over sidearms. But had anything gone wrong with a rifle or it ran dry, the handgun might have made the difference. It has, for my son in Iraq.

Thanks for your info. I appreciate it.

T-Star
The Following User Likes This Post: