View Single Post

Old 07-17-2009, 01:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,820 Times in 477 Posts
Default Great .22 rifle, CZ 452 Military Trainer (pics)...

Picked up another .22 rifle the other day, a CZ 452 Military Trainer. Our club has monthly 50 yard .22 Bench Rest Competitions, and the guys with CZ rifles have been ruling the matches. One match was won by a ten year old girl shooting a scoped CZ "Scout" youth model, perfect score, ten rounds, ten "X". The guys with Anschutz rifles have given up and bought CZ's....

I liked the looks of the 452 Military Trainer, plain hardwood stock, tangient rear sight gradiated to 200 meters. My dealer got me one for $383 incuding all taxes and fees. You can pay $65 more and get the "Lux" version with a walnut stock.

Took it to the range this morning and found it to be a great shooting rifle, once you zero the sights, you slide the tangient sight to the desired yardage, (I tried it at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards) and your target is doomed! Better than a scoped .22, no hold over or guessing at longer ranges, just aim dead on.

Best group at 50 yards was dime sized, at 100 yards group size was about 1 1/2 -2 inches, all with iron sights. The reciever is grooved for mounting a scope, but I'll wait until I'm too old for iron sights to scope this one.

Another great feature of this rifle is the trigger is easily adjusted for trigger pull, takeup and over travel.

Here's some pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PIC00057.jpg (65.9 KB, 5587 views)
File Type: jpg PIC00059.jpg (78.4 KB, 7341 views)