View Single Post

Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts
Lightbulb

Hello
Thanks for the kind words. As Ed say's there is still some Unanswered questions about this Gun that I suspect may never be answered. If you Look close at Harry's Motorcycle Picture he seem's to have Two different Badge Numbers in his Picture as one being 184 and the Other 188 ? I also have No Earthly idea who J. H. is that is engraved on his revolver side Plate but suspect they may have been Close Politicians ? The Grips shown on the gun as the ones it came with and they are made out of a Machined part that appears to be made really well, but I have no idea who made them? Still many unanswered questions here...

I Keep Digging for more information all the time and recently came across the Pictures below that show Period correct shots of Evansville, Indiana. Shown is the First Police Vehicle used by them which is a Paddy Wagon in the Late 1920's, along with an accident scene from the early 1930's and a Motorcycle and Patrol Car along with a Picture of the Motorcycle squad in the Early 1930's that proves Harry's Experiment with him being in charge of The Motorcycle Brigade was Not in vain as they went on to purchase more Motorcycles after he resigned as the Chief of Police. He also was an author of a Book Entitled "A Souvenir History of the Evansville Police Department" in 1918. I have tried to find this Book to no avail, but will keep searching..Hammerdown