View Single Post

Old 08-03-2009, 04:58 PM
US Veteran
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts

After years of thinking the .44 Mag was "TOO MUCH GUN" for me to deal with, I finally shot one. Two months ago I got the chance to shoot a handload that was a bit on the mild side. I loved it. That same day I shot a full house 454 Cassull. I wasn't so crazy about that one and what the trigger guard did to my finger with a full house load. It did make me realize I could more than handle a .44 Magnum.

Several years on this forum, and I knew if I was going to buy a .44 Magnum, it was going to be a 29-2. Funy how things happen, but a few days after I decided I wanted one, the one pictured below "appeared" and I bought it.

My first time shooting it had me flinching a bit and wondering if I did the right thing. The second time shooting it I fell in love.

I know there will be others coming along. I need a 29-2 6" blue one, and I want a 6" 629 at the very least. But this is my first, and I will always have it. I just love touching off those heavy loads, so I'll keep the rubber on it for now, though I have the original stocks. I'm sure it's the first of several, if not many. I love this gun.

S&WCA #2018