View Single Post

Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee1976 View Post
What do you fellas think is better, the vapor phase chips or the paper or the spray/lubricant? I've heard concerns that the chips will damage wood if they contact it; anyone heard any horror stories of vapor phase technology of any sort damaging any finish (nickel, bright stainless, gold inlay, silver inlay...etc.) or wood grips or plastic grips? Thanks

I have been experimenting a bit with the vapor phase bags. I do find that it leaves something on the polymer and metal. I wouldn't say it was a residue. But the metal comes out looking half fogged, some dull areas, some bright area.
These are vapor phase PLASTIC bags I have been using after wiping down the firearms with Eezox.
The guns always look perfect after I wipe off the fogged areas, so I doubt it's doing damage, probably just doing it's job.
That said, I doubt I need the bags or chips.
I believe simply using eezox or barricade or boeshield( or any similar wax preservative) would do as well.
After all, the vapor phase is working by releasing a gas that keeps moisture at bay. The eezox is doing that as well, and it's double the protection, but I believe not necessary.

I am about to stop using the vapor phase and just go eezox and maybe a silcon gun sock. I have stored blued firearms with eezox and gun socks in sauna like conditions for months with no damage.

One item I do like a lot are the B/C coppertech gun cases . These also neutralize moisture and gases, but last up to 20 years versus the vapor phase 1-2 years.
I have a mini 14 in one such gun case, and notice no changes to scope, lens,plastic, wood, no residue or changes of any kind when using the coppertech interceptor gun cases or sleeves.

Eezox and a silicon gun sleeve will get the job done I have no doubt. But if you really want the ultimate, try the eezox and the coppertech gun sleeves/cases.

Last edited by gatorhugger; 08-07-2009 at 01:25 AM.