View Single Post

Old 08-07-2009, 05:13 PM

Liked 101 Times in 38 Posts

I believe in reincarnation. Have for many, many years.
I have no memory of a past life(s) though. To me, if you believe in a soul and afterlife, then reincarnation is a natural progression.
Conversely, I don't believe in much of what is written in the Bible. I consider most of it to be a collection of old myths, fables, misinterpreted events, fabrications and deliberate lies or omissions.
I think there are some very fine, and conversely terrible, examples of how we should treat each other in the Bible.
But I'd be the last person to ban or control it.

Voltaire never wrote, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
What he did write was, "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so."
That's pretty much how I feel about the Bible, and organized religion in general.
I believe in an Afterlife. I believe in a higher being(s). I also believe that Reincarnation is the classroom for the soul, to teach it new lessons with each incarnation.
Reincarnation is an ancient concept.
Whatever any of us believe, we won't know for certain until we cross over to the Other Side -- and oh, what surprises will await us there!