View Single Post

Old 08-11-2009, 03:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After reading BreakerDan's review of this ammo I was rather troubled as I bought a box of this and had it in the cylinders of both my 442 and 642.

So I went to the range today and fired off all of them.

Pathetic isn't the word.

I could literally see the projectiles as they flew downrange. Not really that much of an anomoly as I can see .45 ACP and other slow movers on occasion. But these LOOKED to be VERY slow. Too slow.

With that aside, what really troubled me was the fail to fires that I had with three out of the 20 rounds. Good, solid primer strikes with no bang to follow.

Bought 100 rounds of Federal Nyclad plus P and didn't look back. These performed well and had good accuracy. And to tell you the truth, the Nyclads didn't have much more if any more recoil than the so called low recoil rounds.

I won't buy the low recoil Federal load again. Worst ammunition I have fired in quite some time. I would strongly urge the OP to at a minimum test fire his rounds and see for yourself.

As soon as I can find some of the Speer short barreled Gold Dots, I am going to go with that.