View Single Post

Old 09-01-2009, 08:44 PM

Liked 56 Times in 25 Posts

I don't know if this is true, and I don't have the facts to correlate it. But I have heard that the Ruger LCP can handle +p .380 loads whereas an P-3AT cannot. Anyone know this for certain? Just curious, not that I can find any +p .380 loads to even test. I have several Hydrashok and Golden Saber rounds. Right now I keep Hydrashoks in my LCP. When I carry it. I mostly rely on the M&P340 stoked with Corbon .357 mags in my pocket and I carry the LCP when I feel like a change. But I feel inadequate when I have the LCP.

It seems I have found the answer to my own question. Here is a quote direct from Ruger posted by an LCP owner on another forum. I will post it as he has.

Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.

This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 08/07/2009
Request No: 37758

Comment / question:

I am an LCP owner. I would like to know Ruger's official position on the use of +P 380 ammunition in the LCP. I fully understand that there is no SAAMI +P rating for the 380 but at least two manufacturers are selling 380 ammo with a +P rating, some with listed velocities as high as 1175 fps with a 90 grain bullet. Does Ruger consider these safe in the LCP?

Thanks,
XXXXXXXXXXX

Response:
No. The Ruger LCP was not designed for use with +P ammunition. Given the LCP’s lightweight and compact design, the use of +P ammunition in this particular model may result damage to the firearm or personal injury.

If you need further information, please visit our website at Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

Please note: This e-mail is sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Ruger Firearms

Last edited by Firehouse; 09-01-2009 at 08:58 PM.