View Single Post

Old 09-02-2009, 06:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like the Wilderness belts, and have only limited experience with others.

The Galco (generally a good product) belts are reinforced. That makes them so thick that a Surefire polymer light holder doesn't fit onto it without two hands and a second person... too (thick) tight.

The five-stitching on my Wilderness originals, are plenty stiff and haven't loosened up it about 6 years of regular use.

I have an Uncle Mike's that is close, but stiffer (also has a reinforcement), and heavier, but with less (thinner) nylon. They come in small, medium, and large. My correct size would be in between small and medium.

The Wilderness belts are made to your specs. (in between medium and small) Even my narrow Frequent Flyer is five-stitched... I think that extra stitching is what makes the difference is long life... I never tried their three-stitched models.

I use the Uncle Mike's for training in the dirt and mud (expendable since it doen't fit a well), and wear the Wilderness for daily carry and work. The Galco is in a pile of surplus I'm trying to give away... also the Galco's velcro is frayed from very little use.

Other than that I don't have much practical experience.