View Single Post

Old 09-08-2009, 09:27 PM

Liked 2,444 Times in 1,097 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M29since14 View Post
Andy, I believe the sight set that came with your gun has four plain black blades for 50-100-150-200 yards. I am not sure I read your question correctly, but to get to the point, if I were in your shoes, I would put the 50-yard blade (the tallest one) in the gun and shoot the group (3 rounds only, since you want to be conservative with your ammo) using the normal hold you have established for the gun and 240-grain ammo. I do not think you will see "a lot" of difference with the 210-grain shells at 50-yards. It is just a guess but I would expect maybe 2-3 inches.

If you cannot use a bigger sheet of paper behind the one you plan to use, for some reason ( ? ), you could always cover existing holes with tape or pasters.

As to the mathematics involved in making a calculation, I am sure it can be done, but it is way beyond the means of most of us here. It would certainly vary with the strength of your grip on the weapon, which of course is an individual thing. A WAG might end up being as good as the actual calculation.

"Take the field" and forget the mathematics on this one.

Thanks, M29. I'm scratching my head about the front sight issue -my gun has 2 ramps: one plain blue and the other with red insert; and three patridge: one plain blue, one with white dot, and the one I mentioned with the gold bead. I measured the height on all with my calipers, and from what I can see, all are the same height except the one with the gold bead. These were given to me by one of our fine members here, and I was under the impression that they were the standard set which came with the DX models. My gun, by the way, was used when I bought it, and did not come with the extra sights.

Can you tell me what a "WAG" is?

Andy