View Single Post

Old 09-09-2009, 02:55 PM

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44wheelman View Post
If you're going to buy at a gun show, I would wait & see what the sellers have to offer. Go check the completed auction on AA/GB to get a good idea of how much they are selling for.

Yes there is more demand for the shorter bbl, and they are slightly more practical; but, if you are on the fence about it, I wouldn't let the extra 1 7/8" become a deal breaker. I'd rather have a good deal on an 8 3/8 that was in excellent cond. than an average deal on a 6.5" in good condition.
I actually did this for both and am ready for the show about 10 days away.

This is excellent advice because when you search on "Completed Auctions" you will find a HUGE difference between "asking" price and "selling" price and that goes for items in mint condition with and without box and papers.

In fact, if you do the search on Completed Auctions and order by "Highest Price" you will see numerous auctions re-listed without any bids on the high end. I was happy to see the majority of items sold in mint condition with box and papers for between $700 and $800 and mint ones with no box or papers for around $600.
The Following User Likes This Post: