View Single Post

Old 09-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Liked 49 Times in 20 Posts

KurtC / Old Navy,

Thanks for the replies, details, and the picture. I saw it come up a number of times during my browsing, seems to be one of the regularly admired guns!

The AMT was an inch thick, 6 3/4" long and 4 3/4" tall. It weighed 24oz unloaded. I spent a lot of time dehorning it (notice the absence of the step in the slide). I undercut the trigger guard so I could inch my grip up a little which helped a lot with the trigger actuation and subsequent frame slap on the finger. I also reset the grips with flat-head screws which helped a lot with the loosening of the grips under fire. There was an immense amount of time spent getting this gun running that I never recouped after it's sale. The gun came to me brand new, unfired, in the box with the firing pin retaining roll pin driven through the firing pin! When it left my care it would fire reliably, but I just didn't trust it. I had it digesting ball ammo without a hitch but didn't feel it was worth trying carry ammo on.

Would I be asking too much to get a top of sight to heel (with mag inserted) height measurement off your gun? I've got big pockets and can actually get my Kimber Ultra CDP II, normally carried IWB, in a pocket holster to fit. It's just far too clunky to draw. The AMT would hustle right out of my pocket almost as fast as my Colt Government .380, so I'm trying to get as close to that as possible in a 45ACP making my options fairly limited (especially since I've got a list my state DOJ expects me to pick from).

Last edited by inboost; 07-30-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: new webhost