View Single Post

Old 09-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inboost View Post

Would I be asking too much to get a top of sight to heel (with mag inserted) height measurement off your gun? I've got big pockets and can actually get my Kimber Ultra CDP II, normally carried IWB, in a pocket holster to fit. It's just far too clunky to draw. The AMT would hustle right out of my pocket almost as fast as my Colt Government .380, so I'm trying to get as close to that as possible in a 45ACP making my options fairly limited (especially since I've got a list my state DOJ expects me to pick from).
I didn't have problem with pocket carry or IWB CCW, I ended up replacing the CS45 later on with a G29 because I could not find another CS45 and the G29 being 10 mm is a better combat round around cars and heavy clothing with better range ability. But the big deal was I had several 10 mm S&W's and reload for them so the cost saving there was a big deal and the G29 was only $500 OTD, I had wanted a 3" 10 mm S&W revolver either 610 or Night Guard but the price was a killer at the $900 to $1400 price range.

I have thought about CCW with my 610 5" or 1086 because I love the way they shoot, but they are too rare to beat up carrying or having to turn over to the cops if one ever had to be used. So I end up with a Glock with a 4 lb trigger and no safety but the user.