View Single Post

Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 AM

Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Hi All,
I'm rather on the side of not going to small. The J Frame and especially its airweight/scandium construction is about the best compromise in power and size. And now the new Ruger Tupperware seems to be ok, too. Why go to those little squeezers to just gain a little in size and weight rather than try to properly fit a J-Frame.
Sorry for the squeezers, no offense, but i just happen to know some professionals that never would go less than a .38 or 9mm off-duty, even if the smaller calibers are deadly they really are ineffective when it counts an just add the fuzzle with those small guns, too.
Ok, older people and somehow disabled people should make their decision very carefully and have it as a last ressort, i understand, but if they can, the will pick what is best instead of what is the smallest.
What counts for handys or laptops should not apply for guns, lighter is ok, but smaller than a hand to grab on, hmm? ... it's nice to have and to collect maybe, but not to repell predators.
Well, we have good guns (and if you want to carry), then use 'em, because others will.