View Single Post

Old 09-27-2009, 10:20 AM

Liked 91 Times in 47 Posts

Hi Guys.I am not a LEO,just a humble nurse who loves to shoot.I became a NRA Certified RSO and CFI last year and got my first bottom feeder after 20 + Years of Double Action Revolver Shooting to become totally comfortable with pistol instruction.My instructor was a LEO and LEO Instructor who carried a model 64 and a Detective Special as a BUG.He always rammed the point home that you know exactly where each round fired was going because a miss could kill a little kid or other innocent person.He also said that once you can fire a double action revolver well you can pick up any gun and shoot it well.As I have seen departments switch to semi-autos I also have seen markmanship give way to capacity.I smile every time I see a LEO carrying a wheelgun because rest assured he/she knows how to use it and if God Forbid he/she has to shoot the perp will go down without multiple shots being fired.My instructor recently passed from Pancreatic Cancer and when I teach a class his Detective Special is proudly on my hip.May God Bless all of you in the discharge of your duties........Mike
The Following 17 Users Like Post: