View Single Post

Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Zebulon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun 4 Fun View Post
Zebulon-

Not to pick on you, but Mag-Na-Port's finish is called "Velvet Hone". Ken Kelley does beautiful work, and he is a nice man to talk to, as well as deal with. I have been to their museum several times while waiting for work to be done, or to pick up a gun that was finished. It is a great place to see. I second their finish to anyone who likes a matte finish. It is nicer than most, with finer than usual bead blasting done, leaving a velvety like appearence.

The inverted crown on Zebulon's gun isn't just for looks or protection, it will actually make the gun more accurate by truing up the crown. I had that same crown (11 degree) put on a Super Redhawk, and my groups shrunk by about 50% at 25 yards with all of my loads save one.
Gun 4 Fun....Thank you for the correction. I did that all by myself from memory..... I've had a few of these done and dreamed of Mag-Na-Port Snubs for years before I actually got one....I should know better. I certainly agree, these folks are artisans. I'm planning a 2" 64 done in the same manner this year. Thank you again.......Zebulon