View Single Post

Old 10-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Stainz,
The 642-2 has been my CCW for 4 years. I take it to the range for 50 rounds of practice 2 or 3 times per year. At most, this gun has had maybe 600-800 rounds through it. It has never had an issue. I have been fairly skeptical of the IL rantings and railings. Most of my revolvers are pre-lock S&W, with a couple of Rugers mixed in and I have regularly shot these guns for 35 years. I have never ever felt a trigger do what I felt yestarday. And like a ghost, the gun now dry fires perfectly. Recoil and rapid fire seem to be the issue. I was really hammering the rounds into the target (with very good accuracy, some of the best I have ever achieved) and then, I cant pull the trigger through. I release the trigger and pull again, but this time the trigger doesnt move at all. I try again and the trigger gets about half way and sticks, I pull hard and it goes through, firing the gun. No more ammo. I took it outside to the rangemaster and it was still stiff half way through the pull and he says "Yep, its the lock. We see that happen all the time. We have security guards in here all the time and their new S&Ws are having all kinds of trouble." I can vouch for the fact that I have seen new S&W 686s lock up due to loose ejector rod, but never a lock. This is the first time I have seen anything like this.