View Single Post

Old 10-10-2009, 01:19 AM

Liked 140 Times in 18 Posts
Default Smith disease 26 years and counting

It has been 26 years since I bought my first smith.Although I have purchased other brands. I have to admit It's the smith I like to reach for when I go to the range. I think the fun one to shoot is the victory model 10 in 38 s&w. When shooting a old hubcap from far,you can hear the two reports. from the actual firing and then the impact.that caliber being so slow,there is about a half second between the two. I also love my 2 44's a 6 inch 629 and a 8 3/8 29. I load them down for informal plinking. Anothe fav is the model 59.which I bought used at a gun dealer in Ventura California,and was a police trade in. I had it refinished for a c note and I have put at leat 1500 down the tube over the years and is still tight and reliable. The 59 is the same pistol Elvis carried and is on display in Graceland. It was all the rage in the early to mid 70's. As hi caps were just coming on seen. Even though the hipower was big in Europe. Well if you have a smith collection ,drag them out and lets see them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 054.jpg (111.2 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 056.jpg (113.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 063.jpg (107.6 KB, 86 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: