View Single Post

Old 10-12-2009, 07:48 AM

Liked 3,829 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager01
WC145,

How did you get the gun chambered in 9x23?
Just have your cylinder rechambered.

I have one of my 940s opened up for 38 Super. I also intend to have my 360 opened up to 9x23, just have not gotten around to it.
Like colt saa said, you just have the cyinder reamed/rechambered. There are a few companies doing it, Pinnacle High Performance did the work on my gun. The thing to remember about the conversion is that it is a compromise and, as you can see by the chronograph results, the versatility of being able to use multiple calibers in the same weapon comes at a price. Because of the dimensional differences between the cartridges and the size of the chambers they don't necessarily reach their full potential due to loss of pressure. However, my goal was to have a small, light revolver for a BUG that would chamber the same calibers as my duty/carry guns, which I achieved. The bonus of the compromise is that all of the calibers I can shoot out of the gun now outperform the .38spl that it was originally chambered for without the recoil and muzzle blast of the .357mag. And, before anyone brings it up, I've found no appreciable difference in accuracy between the 9mm's and .38's.

Last edited by WC145; 10-12-2009 at 07:55 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: