View Single Post

Old 10-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Liked 157 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET_NYPD_MOS View Post
No - Equipment section purchases were for just MOS (Members of the Service - NYPD term for its sworn employees) - what happens is once a firearm is authorized you may purchase it from a licensed store. These firearms were not available to these stores - on the NYPD Equipment section at One Police Plaza - whereas we had to call before coming down just to make sure stock of the firearms, or even any equipment was available for purchase - that's right we had to buy ALL of our equipment, even the pin that held on our shield. Being in highway myself, that got rather expensive.
Partialy true, several other departments (NYC) were permitted to purchase firearms directly from the equip section. Corrections was allowed at one time to purchase M-10 revolvers.

I purchased 2 model 36's with 3" heavy barrels from the equip section back in 82. They were $61 bucks each, were originally offered as service revolvers (on duty) for police women. I gave one to my father-in-law who had a carry permit (jeweler) and I still have one. BTW, the serial numbers are sequencial.

So, without checking, I would figure the ES had guns ny-1's in stock long after the recall.

Last edited by ultra45; 10-24-2009 at 08:17 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: