View Single Post

Old 11-03-2009, 03:22 PM

Liked 84 Times in 51 Posts

"especially since I had it recrowned with a very deep recess in the end of the barrel. It's something a local gunsmith here does and it works just like he says it will to direct the muzzle blast down range so it's quieter from the shooter's perspective. When I fire it, all I hear is the hammer fall and a little noise down range. Plus it only cost $90"

WC145, I like that crown recess. I'm curious, how much that helps, to the point where I'd like to see the box of truth guy(s) do a test w/decimal meter. I like CB rounds for really quiet plinking and my rifle favorite is the 27 grain short hp. My old Remington Speedmaster cycles them just fine.

*************** muzzle
CB #0026,******* 32'lb/710'ps, 29gn rn @ 9.4"/50 yds on 100 yd zero
Short Target #0037, 44'lb/840'ps, 29gn rn @ 6.7"/50 yds " " "
Short HP #0028, *** 73'lb/1105'ps, 27gn hp @ 3.9"/50 yds " " "
====
The CB muzzle of 32'lb is the same reading as the target's 100yd energy/'lb. The target's muzzle of 44'lb is almost identical to the HP's 100yd energy of 45'lbs.

Naturally, if I limit my range to 60-70 yds the trajectory will flatten considerably.

I have never tried the short target, but I think they might cycle my old rifle. I intend to buy some. I'll always have some short hp on hand, yet I'm thinking the short target might very well be the best pistol/rifle plinking round for short range and mild report.

My apologies for the mild hijack...