View Single Post

Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default gun modification and legalities

Hello, s and w board. I would like to ask a few brief questions and point out a few things. I bought my girlfriend a 9SVE for her birthday. At the range we put a 100 rounds through it and she had problems with the trigger. Reason being she has Rheumatoid Arithitis and subsequently, very weak fingers. I removed the pigtail spring and now she said it is alot better. I've read the Virginia Laws and have found nothing that says I cannot remove a spring from a gun and it still be perfectly legal to carry. My question being, is there some hidden law somewhere prohibiting this kind of modification? Being her daily carry gun, I want to be informed on stipulations if she has to use it to defend herself. Common sense, would tell me if a removed spring would make someone with a preexisting condition shoot more acurately, then by all means it should be legal, and encouraged! However we all know how the government thinks they know whats best for us. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! What would you guys do?