View Single Post

Old 11-03-2009, 11:05 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2183 View Post
I have two UD 30's, and they both came with a polarizing filter, which makes a huge difference in mine. You can order the polarizing filter from Larry's Guns or UltraDot West. I'm curious if you tried turning the dot intensity all the way up?
Yes the dot was all the way up.

I found the box that my sons UD came in and the polarizing filter was in there, so I'll try it out tomorrow.

I also have had a chance to read the detailed rules of the various .22 pistol competitions/leagues my gun club has and was disappointed to find that many of them do not allow optics. The 2700 matches allow optics but that means I'd need to get some sort of centerfire set-up as well, and they only have a few of these matches each year it seems.

With as I much as I seem to struggle with open sights these days I was hoping more of the competitions would use optics. I don't know if it's worth trying to find one of 7" barrels for the 41 and hope the longer sight length helps the situation or not. Do these need to be fitted to the gun by a gunsmith?