View Single Post

Old 11-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Liked 134 Times in 58 Posts
Default More night muzzle flash pics - courtesy of Hoptob

Mike (Hoptob) generously shipped me some ammunition to continue with my little photography endeavor of capturing muzzle flashes from some revolver rounds. Thanks, Mike!

He sent me some pretty heavy .38-Spl ammo which I fired from a 2" and 4-inch revolver, and one .357 Magnum load. I had earlier done the Remington R357M1 load and shared it (and others) with you. This time I was able to photograph the R357M2 158-gr SJHP.

Mike's generosity also allowed me to capture the Remington R38S12 "FBI Load" to compare with the R38S14 non-hollowpoint +P LSWC I did earlier, and to also get a photo of the Winchester version of the FBI Load.

Hoptob also sent me the Buffalo Bore #20A 158-gr gas checked LSWCHP and to be honest I went back and forth in my mind whether to shoot it in my no-dash 442 Airweight Centennial which is not rated for +P ammo. But in the end I did, and also shot it in a 4" gun as well. The recoil was nowhere near what I feared it would be and I don't think one round did anything to my lil' trusty 442. Buffalo Bore claims over 1000-fps from a 2" snubbie so it involved some cringing when I pulled the trigger.

And Mike also sent me some samples of a hot +P+ handload he made with Longshot and a 135-gr Gold Dot in .38-Spl cases. I didn't have the nerve or desire to photograph these with my 442 (sorry Mike) but in his defense he specifically asked me to borrow a stronger snubbie if I was going to get a photo of this load.

So there you go, a little background before we get on to the photos. Mike, Thanks for helping me put this little slide show together and for being so generous. We hope many of you will enjoy the results.

The Following 4 Users Like Post: