View Single Post

Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 AM

Liked 134 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoptob View Post
It was also interesting for me to see how +P+ Longshot handload compares to expensive commercial SD rounds. I developed this load to duplicate muzzle velocity of Speer 135 gr. short barrel 357 magnum load but in 38 special cartridge. It clocks at just over 1000 fps in my 442. Before I saw Dave's pictures, I thought that commercial loads would win hands down because of the flash suppressed powders. Turns out it ain't so...

Mike~

I'm so glad that we were able to compile some interesting results for others to view. Thanks so much for your help!

I've been re-thinking the Longshot load you sent, and how we can actually see what it would "look like" from a snubbie instead of from a 4" service revolver.

I'm going to borrow my father-in-law's stainless 2" J-frame and get "the one photo" that I think a lot of us really want to see. I know I certainly do!

Your load development for a 135-gr Gold Dot @ 1000-fps from a snubbie looked so promising from a 4" gun. I am really amazed at how small the flash signature was. If it holds up with a 2" than you may have just found a near perfect load for many of us!

Since I still have four examples left, I'll either capture the moment with my FIL's steel snub OR I will get the photo using my own Airweight 442.

Best Wishes,

Dave (nitesite)