View Single Post

Old 11-14-2009, 02:22 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,345 Times in 570 Posts
Default K22 second model, to refinish or not to refinish?

So many of you have seen this revolver different times before. Some of you remember when it came up for sale on this site. Some of you are probably tired of seeing it I drove across PA to get it so I could have 1 of 1067. Lately on this forum and the TFL, I've read about the great work S&W does and I've already seen the great work that Ford's of FL does. I'm wondering if I should send the revolver to S&W, fords, or do nothing with it all. I know many people on here would have an opinion. I appreciate a post explaining why you chose whichever option you chose. I'm not gung ho on having it reblued, but lately it crossed my mind. I think its a good candidate for the refinish cause I have nice original grips and it does not appear to be pitted, or perhaps very lightly. I also tend to think that having it sent to S&W for factory refinish is forgivable as far as a collector is concerned? At least somewhat? Would a factory refinish or a fords help the value of this one any? I tried to photograph some of the trouble spots...

The Following 4 Users Like Post: