View Single Post

Old 11-14-2009, 08:35 PM

Liked 81 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
I called customer service to tell them that my 640 failed to fire twice with a box of factory ammunition. I have about 300 rounds through the gun, and it is cleaned thoroughly after every visit to the range. The response was "That's not so bad". Then silence. I guess it would be bad if someone was shooting back rather than a paper target. The customer service rep just couldn't care less. Finally he said "Use better ammo. The gun is fine."
I'd try calling them again and see if you can get someone who's more receptive.

My only experience with S&W support so far has been on an '02 Walther P99 I purchased two weeks ago. It had a frame failure less than a week after I bought it (while dry firing with snap caps amazingly enough) It was imported by S&W and they handle repair work. Despite the official Walther warranty only being 1 year the store where I purchased it was able to get it sent in to S&W at no cost...I haven't gotten the pistol back yet so I'm not sure what the final outcome will be but I would imagine I would have been told "no" by now if they weren't going to fix it.

Last edited by MattB; 11-14-2009 at 08:40 PM.