View Single Post

Old 11-14-2009, 10:24 PM

Liked 170 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell Sackett View Post
You asked for opinions and you are sure "nuff gonna get them!

I use Dillon stuff now. I wouldn't (this is where opinion comes in) have a progressive press that didn't auto-index. It would seem to me to have less potential for a double powder charge.
Although, it can still be done!

I have a Dillon XL650 and several Square Deal presses. I also have a Lee Classic Cast Turret Press with 4 hole turrets.

The Hornady L-N-L AP is a good machine from all I have heard. The motion, turning while moving both up and down, seems a little odd to me, but folks that have them swear by them.

The Lee progressives have had a poor reputation for quite a while. Not sure how their progressive equipment is now but I'm not in the market for one either!

There are a TON of folks that have the Dillon RL550 and are happy with it. It doesn't auto-index but will load every caliber you have mentioned. Again, folks that have them love them.

All in all, I know that customer service plays a part in the decision to purchase a press. All I can say is that Dillon's customer service is second to none!

Disclaimer: this post is full of opinion!
AHHH YES OPINION

Kiddin of course

I'd love to have a powder check die on the Lee...

The Lee progressive prooblems are mostly the instructions, and the user ability.