View Single Post

Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Trouble with my New 15-22

I bought a new 15-22 from Academy last week. I took it to the range after a clean and lube and tried to shoot 100 rnds of CCI Mini-Mags. Three times in 100 rounds, the next round to be chambered became lodged in the lips of the magazine. I've read on here about similar problems. So, I took it home and cleaned and relubed. I wiped down the excess and put it in the safe. Next evening, I again went to the range and using Federal bulk, could not even run 1 mag through the gun. Stovepipes, FTFs, FTEs, FTLs you name it...I got it.

I love this little gun. I like how easy it is to break down and how accurate it is. I called S&W and they are sending me a shipping label. I'll send it back and see.

What I wanted to ask is this (and keep in mind I don't know much about guns). I saw a thread where a guy had "tweaked" his ejector. I'm not sure what an ejector is, or where it is located. I'm also not sure what an extractor is (but I think it's the little hook on the bolt). Can any of you help me before I box it up?

Im in Central Texas (New Braunfels) by the way if anyone is close. Otherwise, internet feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!