View Single Post

Old 11-18-2009, 09:39 AM

Liked 136 Times in 52 Posts
Smile

Gateofeo:
Thinks for the feedback on the PGU round. I was a NRA member back then in 1982, so I do remember the American Rifleman magazine article. Maybe somebody can scan and post a link to the article as it was pretty in-depth on the military .38 round at that time. Additional, after leaving active duty Air Force, I was picked up as a GS-4 DOD Police Officer at Otis ANGB, MA. Again, I was issued an Air Force Model 15 for a duty weapon with the PGU rounds for ammo. I had some time to kill one afternoon on routine patrol, so being a "gun person" I headed to the north end of the installation for some plinking at abandon automobiles that the Army National Guard had towed in for artillery practice. I got to them first with my .38 revolver and some extra PGU rounds. In my informal testing, all the rounds easily punched through the front windshield from about 20 feet. I put some rounds through the side doors, but I don't think they penetrated into the interior of the cars. Made for a fun afternoon though.