View Single Post

Old 11-25-2009, 03:15 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Wanted: Reload data for a .38 150 gr. SWC cast bullet

I have a couple of Lee moulds, both being a 150 grain weight cast SWC bullet for .38/.357. One is a hollowpoint, and I want to load that in a .38 special, but I want to get the bullet near +p velocities as a self defense round for my snubnose. (Like the old FBI +P load) There is lots of load data out there for the .148 wadcutter target load, and the 158 SWC bullet. Unfortunately, there is no load data out the for the 150 gr. bullet.
I currently have a couple cans of Trail Boss, but I'm thinking of also getting a can of Unique as the powder for loading these bullets. It seems Unique works with a wide range of loadings and powder weights.
I want to load safely, but I'm looking for good strong loads on the high end. I do not have a chronograph, so I have to depend on high pressure signs like too tight cases in the cylinder, flattening primers, etc.
If anyone can offer some powder advise for this 150 grain bullet, I would appreciate it.

It's funny ...the 150 grain bullet was one of the most popular bullets for the .38 special for 60 years, now there is nothing to be found .....
Thanks in advance ...
Ohio Rusty ><>
S.E. Ohio