View Single Post

Old 11-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts

I have loaded 10s of thousands of rounds on SDBs in the past. They are sturdy machines that don't have many problems. I ended up with three of them because I wanted one in small primer set up and one in large primer set up. The third one was just a great deal that I ran into several years back, so I bought it. The thing is that it is just a wee bit more of a pain to change out for different calibers, you are limited to using only Dillon dies, and you are limited to pistol cartridges only. I ended up selling all three and buying two used 650s for a great price. I got lucky on that deal.

If I were just starting out, I would seriously consider the 550B instead of the SDB. While you need to manually index it, it can be used with any dies on the market, can load rifle cartridges, and switcing out from one caliber to another takes no time at all. Also, they now have a case feeder that can go on the 550B.

I think that the 650s are just about as good as it gets, but they cost significantly more than a 550B.

No matter what you choose, you cannot go wrong with Dillon. Absolutely hands down the best company that I have ever dealt with, Their no BS warranty means just that.

WG840