View Single Post

Old 11-28-2009, 08:04 AM

Liked 520 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlevel View Post
Are y'all going to the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds show?
Yes.
Leaving right now.

Quote:
The one the first weekend in December at the Atlanta Expo Center is supposed to be a real biggie. The are advertising "2000 tables available" if that means anything.
Sometimes it is good and sometimes it isn't. Most of the time it wasn't worth my time, gas or bother. Plus, sometimes I don't interact with the natives too well either.

Quote:
I went to the Eastman show in Macon last weekend mostly to pick up an order from Georgia Arms. I saw a couple of fairly nice S&Ws at not so outrageous prices.

Good luck. I hope you find some deals. Speaking of deals, aren't you in Nathan Deal's district?
We'll need luck if it is like any of the other shows.
I wonder if we'll get run off from the side of the front door like we were in Gainesville several years ago while having a biscuit and not standing in line before the show opened. They accused us of trying to "snipe" pieces before people brought them into the show- it wasn't even open yet and we were just having a sausage biscuit and coffee apiece! I think I'd go Roy D. Mercer on them now if they tried that...I have a short fuse anymore.

I'm the dumpster diver that goes through all the little junk boxes looking for parts and treasures. However, there's getting to be fewer junk boxes to dive through!

Yes, I happen to be in Nathan's district.