Thread: Woods gun
View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 08:33 PM

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

A M60 with 3inch barrel is excellent choice. I almost did that but, M60 with 5 inch barrel was much cheaper and I had reasons for wanting a bit longer barrel. I ended up with Pachmayr Gripper grips on mine to provide needed level of field accuracy at longer ranges (50-100 meters).

I carry mine in one of Desantis holsters made for S&W and on the belt intended to be used. I put this on over underclothes but under my outer pants, with just grip above beltline, with jacket, vest, etc. over pants. Easy draw, highly comfortable, gun out of way and protected. This fall I spent about 8 days wearing this rig all day each day while hiking/hunting and found it very comfortable and no one with me or that I encountered seemed to even notice I had it (l have CCW for states I was in). This is also my standard carry rig.

My concern was feral dogs, rabid animals and 2-legged varmits. No concern about bobcats or coyotes (they avoid unless rabid) or pumas (they avoid tough old guys, in favor of tender, tasty young folks). No snake loads for me either -- a nice walking stick and snake chaps, plus watching where step is all I have ever needed.

Niklas