Thread: Glock blows up!
View Single Post

Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Flagman makes a good point! When I was a rookie competitive shooter, a fellow competitor was looking at my 45 ACP rounds at a match. He told me "here is a word for the wise....always crimp your bullets whether they be for competition (light loads) or not!" He then explained the set back issue. Since that day, I have crimped every pistol round, (or top end rifle round), that I have ever loaded. Safety first! Secondly, and I am a proponent of modern technology, but, one thing that has never set right with me is plastic or alloy firearms...somehow, high pressures and materials that are weaker (I may be wrong in that respect) than treated steel, or stainless just dont seem to go together....but, thats just me. I know that plastic and alloy firearms are here to stay and have been proven reliable, but, I dont think I would ever own one. I also think that my handloads are safer than mass produced factory ammunition, but again...thats just me! I guess that as much as I appreciate all the high technology that has made our lives easier, there are just some things that for some reason I cant accept.