Thread: Glock blows up!
View Single Post

Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Smile Making sure we understand the statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat top View Post
I also think that my handloads are safer than mass produced factory ammunition, but again...thats just me! I guess that as much as I appreciate all the high technology that has made our lives easier, there are just some things that for some reason I cant accept.
Quote:
I have serious doubt that more catastrophic failures are caused by factory made ammo than by reloaded/handloaded homemade ammunition.
Just to keep things on an even keel, I agree with flat top about our, his and my, handloads. The issue he is speaking to is not just the fact of them going BANG too loud but to them going BANG at all.

Ammunition can fail in the "negative" sense too. That could be just as dangerous as having a "positive" failure, one that goes bang TOO big!

aj,
You are welcome to bring up the issue of handloads for CCW here, I don't want to get off track from the issue at hand though.

One thing I refuse to do is live in fear of something that has NEVER happened. The issue of handloads in a self defense shooting has NEVER been an issue in any case. The issue has NEVER gotten to a jury as a point in any case. A murder/suicide? Yes, it has. Bice, I think was the name.

As soon as it does become a REAL issue, and if handloads are illegal in your state for CCW-obey the law, and a court makes that distinction, we will all hear about it as the NRA will have conniption fits! With us right along with them!

Just remember, it is recent history where everyone that carried a loaded firearm HAD to do so with their own handloads. It just was done from the barrel end!