View Single Post

Old 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
I think people are predisposed to hang on every available option that becomes available, and it ends up making the gun look silly, especially with the gun just being an average shooting 22 auto. If someone really needed all those doo-dads on a function built .308 to be used in the military .... well ... OK, but, I've never really seen many of those type of rifles festooned with all kinds of junk, either.
REV
With a whopping 4 feet of rail space.... I'm pretty sure you're right about people being predisposed to hang a lot of options on their 15-22. I doubt many folks purchased the rifle for the pleasure of adorning it with rail covers. Though, I do have some Larue clips on the way. (Thanks Maxicooper)

I don't understand what you mean: 'ESPECIALLY with the gun just being an average shooting 22 auto' ?

I agree, the 15-22 is just an average shooting 22 (maybe not even that good). But if the 15-22 isn't the ideal 22 to be "festooned with all kinds of junk", then what 22 rifle is? I mean... If I showed up at the range with my Savage bolt action outfitted with a bunch of lasers, red dots, flashlights and various junk I'd be laughed off the range...