View Single Post

Old 12-19-2009, 06:37 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

anybody who reloads and says they've never had a squib is either not being truthful or not loaded very many rounds. i have had several but only in .357 mag and only when loaded with a lee loader set, the one that you load with a mallet. forgot the charging step. got to the point where i weighed all my 357's and re-reloaded the ones that were too light. since i've been loading on a press there have been none. i do visually inspect my cases after powder charging while they are in the loading tray. this step can only prevent a non-charge or a double charge but i do feel it is necessary in the reloading process. never had a squib due to primer failure so i cannot comment on that. i use a ram prime from lee and always make sure my hands are clean before this step. i will admit i am new to reloading (less than a year) but i have loaded some 2500+- straight wall pistol rounds on a single stage press. anyway, yeah i'm an FNG compared to most of you guys but i am a quick study and i learn something new with each reloading session................

Last edited by MWAG; 12-19-2009 at 06:39 PM.