Thread: .41 special
View Single Post

Old 12-19-2009, 11:25 PM

Liked 1,863 Times in 938 Posts

I bought this revolver from a former member of this forum. He died young soon after, and I am sorry, but I don't remember his name. He was from Illinois, and posted some things on GB. This gun was a little butchered. The barrel was shortened to 3in, and the butt was rounded, and not regrooved. I bought it looking just as it does, and it was just what I wanted, as I am a 3in nut. I had it sent directly to Mr Clements, and he said it was OK for a conversion. He was working on L-frames then, and sent the barrel off to be rebored and he line bore chambered the cylinder, crowned the barrel and set it back and the gap is very tight. This was 4 or 5 years ago and I didn't load or shoot it til I had Starline make the special run of brass. I never trimmed any mag brass. I have been loading 6grs Unique, and 6.5 of Universal with a 215 swcbb, and the next batch will have 7grs Power Pistol. I haven't shot any groups from a rest but it will out shoot my blurry sight picture. Recoil is about like my 65LS with .38spl rnds.

Last edited by ddixie884; 07-13-2018 at 07:17 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: