View Single Post

Old 12-23-2009, 10:10 AM

Liked 59,000 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmansinc View Post
The times they are a changin. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Those wagon people movin across the land are killing all the buffalo. Where does it all stop. It doesn't, it is called progress. I remember when checks first came into use and you couldn't cash one out of town to save yourself. Cash was king. Now it is electronic banking and tomorrow will be something else. Figure out what it will be tomorrow and you can bump Bill Gates off his throne. Try to stop progress and it will crush you like a steam roller.
SO I guess what you're sayin' is that I ought to dump my slide rulers now while I can still get something for them.

In all seriousness tough, it is a HUGE problem for me. The legal system in my opinion has not caught up with the paperless commerce-specifically the management of law offices. I maintain a trust account and it is subject to immediate audit ant any time. A paper trail is absolutely necessary and that includes the original cancelled checks for MY protection. In my opinion, the Bar Association has not yet provided a decent protocol for us to go electronic yet. Hell, I still fight my bank tooth and nail to get the original checks back rather than those copies as I absolutely need front and back and the Bar association has in their great wisdon not provided any guidance other that "It's your problem, deal with it".