View Single Post

Old 12-25-2009, 11:32 AM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORPORAL PUNISHMENT View Post
My question is what is the rule of thumb as to where on the rail to attach a fore grip. I am somewhat new to ar's ( always been an AK man ) It seems most pictures show it about almost exactly halfway on the rail. I really do like the way the way foregrips change your stance. Might put one on my AK. Any help would be appreciated!! Happy Holidays!!!!
A close-in foregrip will allow you to swing the rifle quicker and with less movement. IMO, this is preferable for shooting at moving targets such as jumping cans and stuff. A foregrip that is extended allows for more leverage/control and is preferable for rapid fire at fixed targets. But like the others said ergonomics is also a consideration. I have arms the length of an orangutan so even though I spend most of my 15-22 time shooting at cans I keep the foregrip mostly extended. But... if I was only going to shoot for a short period of time and was in a friendly competition of can dancing.... I'd pull it in close.

After having said all that.... probably doesn't matter a hill of beans one way or the other.