View Single Post

Old 12-26-2009, 08:31 PM

Liked 1,171 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWilson View Post
If that's the original finish and the box is numbered to the gun (or age-appropriate if unnumbered), that sounds like a $1500-1600 package to me, perhaps higher. I paid more than that a year ago for a 1946 transitional in similar condition. At the time I thought the gold picture box that came with my gun was original, but I have come to wonder about that. I think the '46 and '47 HDs probably came in red boxes.

If Bill is watching this, can you address the box question?

Here's a pic, which will look familiar to some of you:

The grips on the gun I saw today were not diamond magnas like the ones above. The were the diamond target grips with the football like impression in the one side. They were the same walnut finish and not Coke bottle shaped. Should I assume those were not original? I would imagine they still haev some value though. Also the box was the same yellow box that DC has in the above picture. The serial number was matching and written on the bottom in the common black was pencil writing I have seen on other boxes. So it sounds like anything under $1000 would be a great price for this gun? Am I write to say that? Thanks again for the info.