View Single Post

Old 12-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

Hey, Im not prejudiced. I got a couple myself. I have a almost unbeliveable story about that 2 1/2" nickle. If I may: It cost me brand new I think $165 tax inclued! January 1st, 1971. Jack First the gun parts guy at rapid city used to own "The Gunshop" at Lancaster, Calif.
Every year jack had a 5 day sale at the beginning of the year. Not the entire shop, but selected stuff from every catagory. It went like this: 1st day, 10% off, increaseing another 10% every day, untill the 5th day what was left was 50% off! It was a real circus every morning when he opened the shop! The day of jan 4th and that night we got the biggest snow storm I had ever seen on the high desert in the close to 40 years I lived there. Maybe a couple of feet on the level! The streets wasnt even plowed. That country doesnt have that much snow removel equipment.
Getting my truck on the road was hopeless. Finaly I bundled up and got my harley out! I bulldozed and walked it to the main road. One lane was open. I probley dropped it over in the soft high snow several times in the 10 miles to jacks but didnt hurt anything.
Very few people could make it that 5th morning and I bought that python for half price! I did similar for something like 15 or 20 years at Jacks annual sale. Bought probley 20 guns that way from jack, even a fine randall knife etc. I soon had Alphonso of hollywood custom make that rig for it. The belt shrunk a foot though!

The Following User Likes This Post: