View Single Post

Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 PM

Liked 21 Times in 3 Posts

The first 357 Magnums I ever shot almost 30 years ago was my father's 4" Model 19 and my Uncle's 6" Python, which both of them still have. Both are VERY high quality. A few months ago, I shot the Python again, and the result was the same. You can't go wrong with either.

Myself personally, I am partial to the 4" Smiths. I bought a 4" 686 no dash about six years ago. It had a plain black rear sight. I ordered a white outline to replace it. I never shot it to check to see if it was sighted in. A few months later I had the opportunity to go to firearms instructor scool with my Dept. and got to take the 686.....and passed. Talk about a gamble.

Would I buy a Python....Yes I would...they are a wonderful piece of work. They are very over priced, due to the fact Colt doesn't make them anymore. If they did, the price probably would come down on the older ones, because everyone would buy new.

Both are high quality firearms....and you wouldn' be disappointed either way... I know I wouldn't be. With all the calibers to choose from, I feel the 357 Mag is the best ever created. Look at the popular models....Smith models 19, 27, 28, 66, 586, 686, Ruger SP101, GP100, and Colt Trooper, Python......nothing bad about any of them.

Last edited by kmfleming; 01-02-2010 at 10:19 PM.