View Single Post

Old 01-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Liked 3,814 Times in 1,243 Posts

Ya got me.

We have a new best buddy, but we still miss our old pal Felix. He was abused then rescued by the Humane Society - some douchenozzle threw him off an overpass into traffic on Hwy 1. He was a puppy, one of 10 in a bag. Only one died and Felix was the last to be selected - by us.

He was never normal, always on the outside looking in, sort of like an indepent contractor or roommate, but he loved us and we loved him.

No better a watchdog in the world. Loved to hunt and I personally saw him tear up a couple large raccoons. He was a 70 pound doberman sheppard. My sister had a wolf @ 100lbs and Felix took him on and whooped his *** twice - I watched.

Loved small children and babies, absolutely loved them. Scared the **** out of their Mom's, but he'd hover around these kids and God forbid you have harmful intent.

The most gentle and loving friend you could know. He preferred to sleep in the front room so he could keep watch on the street and keep us safe.

He'd watch my wife garden and get preoccupied and he'd wait. When the time was right, he'd catch her eye and do a devil dog attack feint and she'd be frightened and shriek. Just as soon as she'd yell out, he'd take on an "awww shucks" posture and I'd swear a dog style laugh and a twinkle in his eye. You can not tell me dogs don't have a sense of humor.

Someday we'll all meet up again. If there is a Heaven, its surely home to our friends.

The Following User Likes This Post: