View Single Post

Old 01-15-2010, 07:52 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,595 Times in 2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmumble View Post

you have got to be kidding me????? no human being would remain standing after 4 .44 mag shots....... period!!!! a standard 357 load is a weaker load than a standard 44 mag load...i know...i own both.i have no doubt what so ever that 1 shot to the torso with a 44 mag will drop any average human being...lets be real about what were talking about here.
When you say that you have no doubt, I believe you. However, that does not make what you don't doubt true. How many human beings have you seen shot with four times, or even once, with a .44 mag? How many with other cartridges? Have you read any factual reports of shootings? Have you discussed wounds with any emergency-room doctors, or others who have actually observed a fair number of shootings, or at least their eventual effects? Have you ever been shot? Have you used other ways of learning the varying effects of having a small channel almost instantaneously punched in one or another part of your thorax?

Both a .357 and a .44 can be used with projectiles which will completely penetrate a human body, some doing so slightly expanded. I think that the point of Texas Star's friend's switch was to shoot better with a gun which would still accomplish the mission if used properly.