View Single Post

Old 01-21-2010, 02:41 PM

Liked 73 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiab View Post
I disagree, there are several objectives of the IWB carry, not just one purpose. You ignore easy-on/easy-off, the ability to move the holster to other locations without taking off belt (such as moving from hip to crossdraw when driving), closer fit to body than allowed with belt holster, etc. If the only benefit was the one you mention then IWB carry would not be as popular as it is .
Well, I suppose there are different strokes for different folks. The IWB holsters that I use (Sparks SSII, Galco, etc) do not allow you to slide the firearm around on the belt while in use. Unless you are using a clip-on, than you can't reposition location easily. I have used both a clip-on and conventional IWB holsters. For me, there is no comparison regarding comfort, concealment, and retention. The clip-on just didn't cut it.

There are many OWB designs (paddle holsters, snap loops) that allow easy on/off and some repositioning without disrobing. As far as fit, I agree that most IWB's really put the gun tight to your body, but a well designed belt holster can do the same (if the maker so chooses).

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with wearing and IWB as an OWB, I would just prefer to use a good OWB if I were going that route. As always, quality and fit makes a large difference in comfort and concealment. It’s not like you are wearing your underwear on the outside of your pants .