View Single Post

Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Beck View Post
What if the rifle is in spec, but the ammo is not in spec? How does the firearm compensate for that possibility?
I could agree on "out of spec ammo" if all the instances were relating to ONE type or brand of ammo, or different rifles.....but that just doesn't seem to be the case on this particular forum discussion. Doesn't anybody see a pattern emerging here? It's not one particular brand of ammo, but it IS one particular brand of rifle, and I don't believe that every instance of malfunction relating to extractors and OOB'S concerning this firearm are caused by "out of spec ammo". I have shot a ton of semi-auto 22's over the years and have NEVER had an "OOB" discharge in any of them! Now, that is not saying that they don't ever happen, just that its never happened to me (until the 15-22) but I am saying that my ruger's, remmy's, win's, marlins and any of my other 22's have never had "premature release". And it is not normal or as common as some people would have you believe. And for those who think that it's not a legitimate safety condition (OOB'S), even with a mere 22lr, you are seriously oblivious and complacent.

S&W will probably continue to play dumb until somebody get seriously injured or worse. It's just like I said in another post, do you really think they are going to disclose the exact number of 15-22's that have been back to the factory for repair?
The Following 2 Users Like Post: