View Single Post

Old 01-24-2010, 11:25 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flop-shank View Post
mawguy, on the hottest summer days here in the Murder Mitten I wear shorts with a 5" full underlug 629 (read 3 lb. gun) IWB at 3:30, a 24 oz. 2 1/4" Taurus 605 .357 in the weakside front pocket, a reload for both and a NAA .22 mag Black Widow as a final BUG in the strong side front pocket. Of course I use the best holsters (Fist 1A kydex/leather hybrid for the 629 and a Mika pocket holster for the Taurus) and a dual layer bullhide belt from www.thebeltman.net . Provided you have no health issues precluding it, you can carry whatever you want if you're willing to deal with some inconvenience and dress around the gun/s. Busy pattern button down shirts with heavier fabric that are slightly big are my preference. I'm carrying a total of about five pounds of artillery, so I'll guess that a Sigma is easily doable with the right set up provided you have no health issues.

Last, but not least, I don't mean to sound patronizing. I don't know if you are an experienced carrier or not.
I have only been carrying for a little over a month. I started with a 4" service revolver in .357 magnum. That gun is 3 pounds and was fairly bulky. I added the Sigma as an improvement to the revolver and it has been much better. I have bought around 4-5 holsters to figure out the best way to carry comfortably and finally figured out how to carry each gun with light to heavy coats. I am confident that I can now carry the Sigma under any circumstance in my lifestyle. My wife did ask me if I have found the "right holster" now. What do you say to that?